Now that you have your beautiful pool designed and installed by Apex Pavers & Pools, what are the proper steps in cleaning your pool?
Cleaning and maintaining your pool and equipment are essential in keeping your investment in tip top shape. If you don’t have a professional pool cleaner, and have an hour a weekend to spare, then follow these simple steps to keep your pool looking sparkling year-round.
1) Debris Removal: Use a net to capture the floating debris on the pool’s surface
2) Clean Your Pool Deck: Chlorine and water works best in cleaning porous surfaces (1c. chlorine to 1 gal. water), however it may lighten your paver (test in an inconspicuous place first). If it does, you can use a mixer of 5% white vinegar (undiluted) water mixture instead, and brush the solution on the surface. Allow either solution to to soak for a few minutes before rinsing off with water.
3) Clean the Pool Walls: Select a brush that is appropriate for the interior finish.
4) Pump and Filter Inspection: Check your equipment and remove debris. Replace the filter as needed
5) Tile Band Cleaning: Clean this important area of the pool with a brush that will not damage the material.
6) Vacuum: Vacuum the pool to pick up debris at the bottom of the pool, paying close attention to the corners and steps
7) Check your PH balance and add chemicals if necessary. The proper PH should be between 7.2 – 7.6.
Contact Apex Pavers & Pools today if you’re looking for a new pool, pool renovation, pool paver decks, or tips on how to maintain your existing pool. We are your South Florida pool specialists!